Graphic Design Animator
Works closely with the design director and in conjunction with the project manager to provide original concepts and designs that accurately reflect Anode’s design philosophy. Understand and utilize new technologies that bring innovation to Anode designs and applications.
- BA or BFA in design or related field and 3+ years relevant design experience or equivalent
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles.
- Solid foundation in interface design, motion video, computer animation and multimedia development
- Ability to create designs, concepts, and sample layouts of both complex graphics and animations, using independent judgment, principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills such as: drawing/sketching, concept ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation development and layout
- Possess a solid understanding of both business and user goals while having a clear grasp of how to effectively present and move through information in creative and informative ways
- Solid writing and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of basic computer operational procedures, workstation set-up including Mac and Windows operating systems, file organization, nomenclature, desktop hierarchical organization, and email
- Proficiency in word processing, in-house scheduling software, and date and contact software
- Excellent working knowledge of current design and authoring tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Multimedia/streaming/video platforms (After-Effects, QuickTime, RealAudio/Video, Media Player) on both Mac and PC
- Effectively communicate and present design concepts
- Visually conveying a story effectively through the use of special effects, animation, or other visual images using video, computers, or other electronic tools and media.
- Create and deliver powerful presentations of seasonal design proposals
- Work with other design team members to produce presentation materials that effectively communicate the concept behind the line for internal and external audiences
- Maintain knowledge of current applications, trends, color, technology and related products through continuing research and education
The graphic design animator reports directly to the design director.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Trish Reavis via email email@example.com.